Can Containment Help Cocoa Businesses Experiencing Mold Damage?
Mold in your Commercial business? No worries, SERVPRO of Central Brevard has you covered.
We can dry and clean Cocoa businesses quickly after discovering mold threats.
Establishing physical barriers between the work zones where mold remediation occurs and other active areas of your business can keep work happening despite mold removal. Even limited capacities or actions can prevent total revenue loss as mold remediation gets underway.
How Can Mold Get Removed Once Containment Exists in Cocoa Shops?
Mold inspection can help to determine the appropriate mold remediation action required in Cocoa shops. Prompt removal and cleaning strategies can protect the wares and stock of the shop before irreparable damages occur. Depending on the severity of exposure to hosting material, varying surface treatment and remediating techniques are necessary. Some of the most common ways include:
- Soda blasting
- Abrasive surface cleaning
- Antimicrobial cleaning
- Controlled demolition
Because mold damage can spread quickly through homes and businesses, property management should seek the experienced remediation team we provide as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO of Central Brevard technicians are available 24/7 at (321) 638-4947.
Is Flood Damage Likely for Cape Canaveral Homes?
Storm damage gets overwhelming, call SERVPRO of Central Brevard for assistance.
Our flood restoration team can help clean up Cape Canaveral properties after a disaster.
Flood damage can be an unfortunate reality for many homes during the rainy seasons along coastal Florida. With many Brevard County regions being lower-lying and saturated, flooding can be an inevitability after steady, heavy rainfall. Initial water removal services can help reduce the severity of flood damage, which includes the use of:
What Preliminary Cleaning Benefits Cape Canaveral Homes?
Muck-out cleaning removes debris, mud, silt, and other organic matter in your Cape Canaveral home. This debris and matter can be a hazard to those exposed and hide underlying structural concerns that must get repaired. Our responding technicians can shovel out muck and mud to evaluate the underlying building materials for further repairs and reconstruction as necessary.
Flood damage can leave contaminants and pathogenic threats to overcome with standing water and moisture concerns. Our SERVPRO of Central Brevard team is experienced in managing these conditions and preventing more significant loss. Call us today at (321) 638-4947.
Can SERVPRO Protect Historic Cocoa Buildings After Smoke Damage?
SERVPRO of Central Brevard is here and ready for all your commercial building needs after a fire damage.
Smoke remediation for Cocoa properties can involve multiple advanced cleaning techniques.
As leading fire restoration professionals in the Cocoa area, SERVPRO has a duty to area businesses to respond quickly. Because so many shops and stores exist in our historic downtown shopping area, a single fire incident can impact multiple businesses simultaneously. Our team of certified technicians can respond fast to these emergencies to help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damage restoration
Why Cocoa is So Widely Visited Every Year
The city is a tourist community featuring more than 1400 registered businesses, so when fire restoration is required in Cocoa, it can impact hundreds of people. Between the beach, entertainment venues, and annual festivals, the city draws in thousands annually as a premier destination for shopping and proximity to area attractions in the Greater Orlando area and what is accessible from I-95 like Cape Canaveral.
The Historic Draws of Brevard County
While the landscape has changed dramatically over the centuries, some structures remain a testament to the architectural prowess and skilled craftsmanship of building trade professionals. These historic properties are often as much of a draw to Cocoa as the beaches, resorts, and entertainment. Some of the most popular sites visited include:
- Aladdin Theater – this structure is also known as the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse, and it has stood in this spot since it first opened its doors on Brevard Avenue in 1924. Initially, the theater showcased live acts and silent films but would come to be a premier location for musicals – drawing in more than 50,000 paying attendees annually through recent years.
- Cocoa Village – The village's historic downtown district houses multiple protected buildings, restaurants, and shops along Florida Avenue and Stone Street.
- Porcher House – This home exists on Delannoy Avenue and has been a standing example of 20th-century classical revival architecture since 1916. Now it is a venue rented for special occasions and houses City Hall.
Fire Restoration and Smoke Remediation for Cocoa Businesses
Fire restoration encompasses multiple tasks and strategies to restore businesses to their original condition. This can be especially critical for some historic properties like the Aladdin Theater and the Porcher House. However, we put the same care and consideration into getting all commercial structures up and running after fire and smoke damage.
Smoke remediation provided by our SERVPRO team involves soot cleaning, air filtration, odor removal, and other critical services. These cleaning efforts can continue with containment strategies and allow your business to operate in a limited capacity when possible. Our experienced professionals can help with:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
As alarming as fire damages can be in historic structures and businesses in the area, our SERVPRO ofCentral Brevard team can help with efficient fire restoration strategies. Call us today at (321) 638-4947.
What Happens After Storm Flooding in Cape Canaveral?
SERVPRO has it all-Big and Small Dehumidifiers to Mitigate Flooding Damage in Cape Canaveral
Restore Flood Damage to Area Homes with SERVPRO
Storm flooding is common in local neighborhoods. Reducing and eliminating the effects requires a rapid response.
SERVPRO specialists restore Cape Canaveral homes after flood damage with the latest equipment and training. Our goal is to quickly return each residence to its pre-flood condition.
What Steps Do SERVPRO Teams Take for Restoration?
- Extract Water and Remove Bulk Material – Technicians use commercial grade extractors to remove water as specialists dispose of everything too damaged for restoration.
- Provide Humidity Control – Teams set up dehumidifiers to lower the air moisture content for a comfortable environment and to increase the natural evaporation rate and fans to increase air circulation.
- Demolish Unsalvageable Materials – As they remove water, teams discover more property that cannot be restored. They carefully dispose of the soaked items to support humidity control.
- Clean Salvageable Materials – After removing the water, technicians use air movers and set up fans to dry items and then use antifungal cleaners to remove any soil or other contaminants left by the floodwater.
After a storm, call SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 for quick and thorough flood damage removal.
How Long Is Water Restoration in a Cocoa Business?
The SERVPRO Green Fleet is at the ready for water damage cleanup in Cocoa area businesses
Many Businesses Can Reopen Quickly After Water Damage
Timely reopening to customers means bringing in a professional restoration team. At SERVPRO, our teams are ready to provide each business owner a clean, dry facility, safe for customers and employees.
For Cocoa commercial facilities, water damage restoration requires three steps:
- Remove Standing Water
- Dispose of Debris
- Dry Structural Property and Inventory
What Happens When a Team Arrives?
Specialists start removing water with large pumps if there is significant pooling. Once they reduce it to a thin layer, they switch to smaller extractors and use long-handled squeegees to push water outside the facility. As they remove the water, other team members carefully remove debris that cannot be fully restored.
After removal operations, specialists draw out moisture trapped in the structure and inventory items that prevent it from being used in production or sold to customers. They first set up fans to increase air circulation and then establish air movers to force warm air over the damp property, pushing moisture out into the air so the fans direct it out of the facility and also towards the dehumidifiers.
Contact SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 to restore your business after water damage.
Can Mold Grow Through an Entire Cocoa Home?
SERVPRO has plenty of equipment stocked in our vehicles and trailers for mold remediation in Cocoa homes or large buildings.
To Restore Your Home to a Safe Condition after Mold Damage, Call SERVPRO
Cocoa was originally a fishing town, with the first families settling in about 1860. The first maps of Cocoa were created in 1882 with the name “Indian River City”. The land detailed was owned by Captain R.A. Hardee. The name, however, was rejected by the local U.S. Postal Office as too long for a postmark.
Two Interesting Origin Stories
There is some disagreement on how Cocoa got its name. Two of the more popular tales involve the local agriculture and an early business on the river banks.
• The first tale states that a town meeting was convened in 1884 to name the community. Suggestions were taken from either geographical features or local products. Captain R.C. May suggested cocoa since it fit the requirements and was short enough for the Post Office. It was approved and sent to Washington D.C. for formal adoption.
• Another tale is that sailors on the Indian River when boating past the home of an old woman would shout “Cocoa! Cocoa!” Eventually, she brought them hot cocoa. Interestingly, while the hot cocoa tale is more doubtful, there is no evidence to be found of the 1884 town meeting.
Setbacks and Leaps Forward
Cocoa was eventually incorporated in 1895 while trying to recover from an economic disaster. In the Winter of 1894-95, the ‘Great Freeze’ destroyed the citrus crop for 1895, forcing many people to find new employment elsewhere. The city was still recovering from the 1890 fire that destroyed the business district.
Fortunately, the railroad was coming to Cocoa. The extension of the Jacksonville, St. Augustine, and Indian River Railway helped jump-start what was a crashing economy. By the end of 1895, Cocoa was a growing town once again. Growth and development continued through the first decade of the 20th century and the population nearly doubled according to the 1911-1912 Florida State Business Directory.
Cocoa’s population doubled again by 1925 to 1800. Despite the failure of its two banks in the Great Depression, the town continued to grow, with one local source in 1930 showing an increase to 2,200. In the Post-WWII years and the start of the Space Race, Cocoa continued to grow and today has a population of over 18,000.
How Does SERVPRO Restore My Home After Mold Appears?
Our Restoration Teams follow five key principles to return Cocoa residences to a safe condition, ready for occupation once more.
• Health and Safety – Although mold may cause health effects in some people, our restoration teams concentrate on how the mold compromised building material.
• Document Conditions and Processes – Our teams keep extensive records so that owners and independent inspectors can see our actions taken.
• Control the Mold at Its Source – Technicians prevent mold from becoming airborne and spreading to clean areas of the home with erected containment chambers or barriers.
• Remove Mold – Specialists physically remove mold from contaminated materials by vacuuming mold spores through HEPA filters and damp wiping surfaces with special cleaners.
• Correct the Moisture Problem – Teams remove excess water and lower the air moisture content to prevent future mold growth.
Professional and thorough mold remediation is why SERVPRO of Central Brevard is your best choice to clear up an infestation. Call us today at (321) 638-494 to get started.
What Services Restore Commercial Buildings after a Fire?
Take a peek inside our warehouse. This is just some of the equipment that we have available to restore your commercial fie damage.
Merritt Island Business Owners Use SERVPRO for Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
A fire in your business premises can make the environment unsafe and unsanitary. Professional restoration services need a large workforce and advanced equipment to efficiently conduct commercial restoration and reduce temporary closures to business premises.
When performing commercial fire damage in Merritt Island, it is essential to prioritize and delegate actions to ensure that restoration is as efficient as possible. Fires can impact the stock, furniture, and the structural integrity of a building through physical damage. Soot and smoke residues create an unsanitary environment and must be removed to return the premises to its preloss condition. SERVPRO uses an organized workforce to ensure non-salvageable materials are removed and disposed, the structure is repaired and cleaned, and the restoration of items is conducted appropriately. Using a combination of determination, training, and restoration equipment, our technicians can get your business back to its preloss condition.
- DX units can control large commercial premises' indoor atmosphere, allowing technicians to dry, ventilate, and filter indoor air.
- Esporta washing machines can remove 99% of contaminants from textiles using suspended, mechanical cleaning.
- Production technicians can safely organize the removal and disposal of fire debris according to local and federal regulations.
Using professional restoration can keep temporary closure to a minimum. Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard for commercial fire damage restoration at (321) 638-4947.
We are IICRC Certified. Check out our BBB rating.
Can a Water Leak Cause Permanent Harm to an Indoor Property?
Just a small water leak can cause a lot of damage, including mold. Inspect your home often for signs of leaks and mold growth.
Water Mitigation Reduces the Likelihood of Permanent Harm at your Merritt Island Home
A leak in your property can affect indoor air quality, encourage the growth of mold or bacteria, and affect a building assembly's structural integrity. Early intervention into a water incident can help to prevent permanent losses.
A water leak brings microbes into the home, which can deteriorate contents and building assembly. The first principle of water mitigation in your Merritt Island home is complete drying. Drying a property reduces the likelihood of secondary damage from mold or bacteria while ensuring that contents and structure avoid potential deterioration. SERVPRO can identify critically impacted areas of water damage using comprehensive drying methods and techniques and prevent them from causing long-lasting damage. Our technicians continuously monitor progress in the home to ensure that our drying methods are as efficient as possible and cause minimum inconvenience to your everyday life.
- Drying mats, injectidry systems, and desiccant dehumidifiers can help remove water vapor and potential cavity damage from the home.
- Working outward from the moisture source, our team uses monitoring and measuring equipment to assess the damage's extent.
- We take care of sensitive materials and fabrics with specific leather, organic textiles, and upholstery protocols.
Protect your home from the harmful impact of water intrusion. Contact SERVPRO of Central Brevard for water mitigation services at (321) 638-4947.
Stop by our Yelp Listing to see what customers have to say about us.
How do Cocoa Residents Mitigate Flood Damage Losses?
Our vehicles are stocked with restoration equipment to quickly handle your commercial flood damage.
SERVPRO of Central Brevard Operates in Cocoa for Flood Damage Mitigation and Restoration
Cocoa is a relatively small city in the Palm Bay area of Brevard County, Florida. The small town saw a rapid expansion to its population and a first taste of the mid-sixties' tourism economy. People converged to the area to witness the launch of spaceships from the nearby Cape Canaveral. Within a century, the population experienced rapid growth rising from 1,800 in the nineteen twenties to 12,244 by the sixties. Today, there are 17,140 permanent residents in the region, with much of the local economy taking advantage of proximity to Palm Bay.
The city gets visitors from cruise passengers throughout the year via the stop-off point of Cape Canaveral. As such, the downtown area is densely populated throughout the year, while several tourist attractions such as the Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science and The Eastern Florida State College Planetarium and Observatory keep visitors busy.
At the heart of Cocoa is its historic village downtown. Annual events like the Brewers Bash, Spring Fine Art & Craft Fair, and the Kennedy Space Center are all attractions that take place within walking distance of the main street. Main Street's earliest developments began in 1881, with one of the earliest surviving businesses being the S. F. Travis Hardware Store, which remains to this day. Main Street's redevelopments have made it a popular shopping destination that lines the waterfront park. Cocoa Beach and Cocoa Pier remain among the popular attractions with opportunities for Kayaking alongside other watersports offered during the hot, humid summer months. Scuba diving and surfing a just two of the popular activities here in Cocoa.
Beaches, Tours, and Watersports in Cocoa, FL
- The Cocoa Beach Mural Tour starts on North Orlando Avenue and takes guests on a guided tour across the dozen murals that line the beaches, focusing on the inspiration and processes. Tours include a trip to the Trent Art Gallery.
- Night-time Kayaking across Manatee Cove Park allows visitors to witness bioluminescent jellyfish while peacefully Kayaking with experienced instructors.
- Fin Expeditions offers visitors the chance to see dolphins up close by exploring the Mangrove Tunnels and Manatee by Kayak or paddleboard with trips bookable in season.
SERVPRO Can Recover Home and Contents from Flood Damage in Cocoa
Floods can be traumatic events, with excessive flood damage to your Cocoa home. We operate across Brevard County, providing expert, licensed flood restoration technicians. By mobilizing quickly to a disaster site, our team can reduce the expense and losses associated with massive volume water intrusion.
- Contamination levels in floodwaters can make your home unsafe. We have experience and expertise in removing biohazardous substances.
- Technicians can remove contaminated building materials like drywall and replace them with fresh materials.
- Odor control technicians can help to return the home environment to a sanitary state, "Like it never even happened."
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard for Flood Damage mitigation and restoration at (321) 638-4947.
Celebrate Beethoven’s 250th Birthday at a Musical Event Near Cocoa
Our team works like a symphony to restore your mold damaged home.
Cocoa Residents Can Experience Brevard Symphony Orchestra’s Tribute to Beethoven
Are you a classical music lover in Cocoa? If so, you are in luck. During its 67th season opener, the Brevard Symphony Orchestra is continuing its celebration of Beethoven’s 250th birthday. The event features three remarkable classical music pieces, including:
- Beethoven’s Egmont Overture, which was written for Goethe’s “Egmont” play
- Haydn’s 1st Cello Concerto, a joyous piece performed by cellist Francisco Villa
- Beethoven’s 7th Symphony, which is thought to have been the composer’s favorite symphony
The celebration begins at 7:30 PM on Saturday, January 23rd, at the King Center for the Performing Arts in Melbourne. Tickets for this enthralling night of culture can be purchased online and start at $34.
As fellow lovers of fine music, your neighbors at SERVPRO of Central Brevard are proud to announce this concert dedicated to one of the world’s greatest composers. While Beethoven’s melodies have aged like fine wine, your home, and its contents might not be so lucky if they are not properly protected from mold. So, if you ever need mold removal services by an IICRC certified technicians, contact us at (321) 638-4947.
Learn more: https://brevardsymphony.com/