Addressing Contents in Your Cocoa Property After Fire Damage
Cocoa Residents Count on SERVPRO for Fire Damage Cleanup
Once first responders deem your Cocoa property safe to enter after a fire, the next thing to do is contact SERVPRO to initiate house fire cleanup services. We know that property fires are financially and mentally devastating, but our team is here 24/7 to give you the prompt response you need to try getting your home back in order. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, handling debris removal, drying, smoke remediation, and detailed contents cleaning.
A common question many homeowners have after fire damage in Cocoa is what items they can keep. Some of the things SERVPRO technicians will tell you are easy to clean include:
- Metals – Generally resistant to smoke damage, many metal-crafted items can withstand surface cleaning and light sanding and refinishing. This all depends on the item, the design, and coatings or paint.
- Glass – Glass is relatively resistant to fire, so our crew may be able to use immersion techniques or spray and wipe methods to clean various glass items in your home.
- Furnishings and Hardwood Flooring – Unless the smoke and fire damage is severe, we can work to clean and restore furniture and hardwood flooring with specialty cleaning techniques, sanding, and refinishing.
Items that often get disposed of after a fire
In many situations, the following may not or cannot get salvaged after a fire:
- Linens, mattresses, and clothing – Some clothing or linens may successfully get cleaned with light smoke damage. Otherwise, disposal is often best.
- Hygiene products, cosmetics, and medicines – These items are sensitive to temperature changes and fragile. Due to the loss of efficacy, discarding it after a fire is better.
- Food – It is always advisable to toss food items, even those unopened. If your home is without electricity, things within your refrigerator or freezer can start to spoil after 6 hours.
No matter the level of fire damage, SERVPRO of Central Brevard is here to help! Call us 24/7 for rapid response with our Green Fleet – (321) 638-4947.