Merritt Island Residents Turn to SERVPRO for Flood Damage Restoration of Their Properties After a Storm
How Can SERVPRO Assist Merritt Island Residents in Water Damage Restoration of Their Homes after a flood?
Located on the eastern Floridian coast, Merritt Island is one of the unique cities of Florida. First, it is not an ‘Island’ in the geographical sense, but a Peninsula! The city has a heavily residential area on one hand and a Wildlife Refuge on the other. The northern part of the island is still quite underdeveloped, with few places remaining as cattle pastures.
Merritt Island is perhaps best known as being the home to John F. Kennedy Space Center. Although space shuttles are no longer being launched from here, it still pulls in many visitors every year. The island also has one of the country's largest National Wildlife Refuge with an area of 140,000 acres. The Refuge has over 350 species of birds alone and some endangered species of animals such as Sea turtles and Indigo Snakes.
There is a lot on offer for visitors to do and see on Merritt Island. Some of the most visited sites in the area include:
- John F. Kennedy Space Center: A visit to the Center is nothing short of awe-inspiring. There is a lot to see here. From the US Astronaut Hall of Fame to the Rocket Garden, every exhibit is mesmerizing. The Center also offers a bus tour to visit the launch facilities of some of the country's first space flights.
- Black Point Wildlife Drive: A 7-mile self-guided drive is one of the best places to see the National Wildlife Refuge wildlife. The trail has 12 stop points on the way where you can spot some of the rarest birds in the world. Apart from birds, you can see alligators, otters, bobcats, and other animals too. The drive takes about 40 minutes.
- Klondike Beach: It's one of the most pristine beaches in Florida. There are no roads, and it is accessible only by bike or on foot.
Do Merritt Island Homes Always Require Professional Water Cleanup Services After a Storm?
A storm can wreak havoc on your Merritt Island home. The one thing that you don’t want to do after a storm is to neglect the damage or try and start the restoration process yourself. Rely on professional water removal services for a proper assessment and mitigation. Water cleanup and storm damage mitigation services are our expertise at SERVPRO of Merritt Island.
Our professionals work tirelessly to ensure that the water damage does not progress into any significant issues. We achieve this goal by focusing on the following as soon as our experts arrive at your Merritt Island property.
SERVPRO follows a protocol to maximize efforts
- Extracting water due to leaking roof from storms
- Using state-of-the-art equipment such as hygrometers and thermal cameras to monitor moisture content during the water cleanup process
- Isolating the damaged areas to prevent any collateral damage
- We also offer move-out services to protect your belongings and speed up the restoration process
Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 for reliable water cleanup and restoration service for your Merritt Island home.