SERVPRO of Central Brevard saves Thanksgiving for a local Merritt Island family after a fire.
Our job at SERVPRO of Central Brevard is the most rewarding when we are able to take care of people and show them that everything will be alright in the midst of a crisis.
On Nov 25th we received a call from a homeowner who was hosting Thanksgiving dinner for her family the next day. They had just had a fire in one of their bedrooms was caused by a battery charger malfunctioning. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the major damage was contained inside the bedroom. However, the rest of the home was filled with a strong smoke odor and covered in soot from ceiling to floor.
We immediately jumped into action and sent a crew and our Operations Manager to the Merritt Island home ready to get to work. We sealed off the bedroom to contain any further odor or soot and concentrated on the rest of the home. Our primary goal was to get it in shape to host Thanksgiving dinner. The bedroom would have to wait until the insurance adjuster arrived the following week. We set up air scrubbers and a hydroxyl generator to help eliminate the smoke odor and began the task of cleaning surfaces and contents. After several hours of elbow grease, the homeowners were able to start cooking even before we had finished. By early evening the home was in great shape to host dinner the next day.
We are so proud of our crew that worked so hard to make sure a fire would not ruin the joyous family time that was planned for the holiday weekend! We are thankful we could save Thanksgiving for them.
In the event that you ever experience water or fire damage at your Merritt Island property, please give us a call. It will be our honor to serve you and get your home back to “Like it never even happened.”