Why is Taking Inventory Important after Flood Damage?
Merritt Island Residents Want to Know Their Belongings are Accounted for.
No one wants to deal with a flood in Merritt Island. Floods can leave personal belongings ravaged and homes in need of repair.
You cannot always prevent flood damage to your Merritt Island home, but you can call a trustworthy restoration service to help you put your life back together afterward. SERVPRO is an excellent choice because We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster – and we understand the importance of taking inventory.
Why is inventory necessary?
There is a strong likelihood that you will, at some point, need to contact your insurance company after a flood. Anything you can do to make the process smoother is helpful, and we are on hand to help by:
- Keeping thorough records of flood-damaged items
- Being clear about what we can salvage and what we must replace
- Taking photographs to back up our records
- Talking with insurers on your behalf
Why is the relationship between SERVPRO and your insurance company important?
Our teams understand the insurance industry and how to provide information in the way insurers require it. We know that there are specific processes which make insurance claims easier, such as:
- Keeping proof of our work
- Making sure all technicians that work in your property have thorough background checks
- Performing background checks on temporary workers as well as full-time franchise staff
- Carrying out regular audits to ensure we meet strict quality assurance standards
Thorough knowledge of how to liaise with insurers and how to keep inventory and records means a faster, smoother claims process for you. It also means you can leave it to us to talk with your insurance company, which is one less issue for you to stress over while recovering from the shock of flood damage.
What about pack-outs?
Inventory is also essential during pack-outs. If we need to take your belongings away for storage or cleaning, rest assured we will take stock before moving them. We retake inventory before we bring them back, to ensure everything is present and correct.
If you are concerned about talking to insurers after flood damage, start by talking to SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947.