How Do I Prepare for Cocoa Home Flooding?
SERVPRO Technicians are Ready to Restore Cocoa Properties After Flood Damage
Flooding in Florida is not an unusual occurrence, especially with storm season just around the corner. Average precipitation in Cocoa alone is a whopping 53 inches a year, much higher than the US average of 38 inches.
SERVPRO crews are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to restore Cocoa homes affected by flood damage and return them to a preloss state.
What Essentials Should I Consider for Floodproofing My Home?
Commercial prevention measures like wet and dry floodproofing are almost impossible to apply to a home with a wood foundation. As a result, homeowners must focus on other prevention methods to keep damage to a minimum:
• Landscaping. Grading your yard, planting a rain garden, and implementing a drainage system is an effective way to lessen flood damage.
• Dry floodproofing techniques for vulnerable areas. Make sure that doors, windows, and other vulnerable areas have watertight seals to help keep water out.
• Raise your electrical components. Elevating outlets and switches at least one foot above the average depth of floodwaters can minimize the risk of damage to your electrical system.
What Does SERVPRO Use to Remove Floodwater?
SERVPRO technicians focus on extraction and sanitation in a flood scenario to prevent the spread of microbes during drying. SERVPRO can provide power sources to remove large quantities of floodwater from affected areas with no power with such tools as:
• Truck-mounted extraction units that can remove large amounts of standing water from homes
• Portable, back-mounted extraction units designed to eliminate floodwaters from hard-to-reach areas such as wall cavities and baseboards.
• Submersible, gas-powered sump pumps that are designed to extract water two inches in depth or higher.
SERVPRO of Central Brevard offers mitigation and restoration services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster when you call (321) 638-4947.