Cape Canaveral Fires, Bad Appliances, and SERVPRO for Restoration
Fire Damage Restoration for Your Cape Canaveral Home
The usual appliances you have in your Cape Canaveral home make your daily life easier. Every appliance which operates on electricity or gas, however, presents safety risks. You should, therefore, use the devices according to any manufacturer’s specifications. Also, knowing some fire safety tips can help prevent a fire and keep you and your family safe.
A fire from a malfunctioning appliance in your Cape Canaveral home needs immediate attention after the flames are extinguished. You are left behind with all kinds of damage, including smoke and soot, other than the actual fire damage. A professional restoration company, such as SERVPRO, can have your home restored quickly, and make you feel "Like it never even happened."
The first thing to do to help you stay safe is to keep all appliances at a safe distance from any wet areas. When water and electricity mix, it can be disastrous. Ensure that you take proper precautions and keep appliances from areas which are easily in the path of a spillage. You also need to keep any appliance that generates heat away from clothes, furniture, or curtains.
To some extent, SERVPRO staff may need the assistance of subcontractors to finish the fire damage restoration process. Subcontractors perform work which involves technical expertise or skills that may be out of our scope. Restoring a fire damaged structure can include cleaning and repairing electronics, repairing furniture, drying documents, fixing electrical and plumbing problems, and rebuilding your structure. Only when needed, we can suggest, or you can supply others to complete the work. Our initial goal is to mitigate the damage caused by the flare-up.
You should also be aware of any appliances or lamps which sputter, produce a spark or give you a shock when running. Unplug these immediately and have them repaired as soon as possible since the spark can not only start a fire with the appliance itself but also ignite other nearby items.
Keep an eye on the wires of your appliances regularly as well. Replace or repaired and damaged, frayed wires. Do not plug too many things into one electrical outlet, as this can cause the circuit to overload and spark a fire as well. When not in use, unplug all small electrical appliances like toasters, irons, hair dryers, and the like.
SERVPRO of Central Brevard is always ready to help you restore your home in Viera, Pineda, or Rockledge after a fire. Call us right away at (321) 638-4947 once the flames are out so we can waste no time in getting your home back to its preloss condition.
More about this historic area by clicking here.