Wondering What to Expect from Professional Water Damage Mitigation in Cocoa?
Learn About Water Restoration Terminology to Better Understand SERVPRO Interventions in Your Cocoa Home
When you come home to find a burst pipe or appliance hose or pump malfunction has flooded areas of your Cocoa residence, water damage mitigation and other phrases used in the moisture restoration business can be confusing. Reduce your stress by learning what we accomplish during water damage restoration, which includes:
- Water damage mitigation
- Water damage remediation
- Water damage repairs
What Constitutes Water Damage Mitigation?
When the SERVPRO crew arrives at your water damaged Cocoa dwelling, assessment of the situation precedes emergency services. Although water damage recovery would seem to follow the same schedule in every case, mitigation interventions vary according to the unique circumstances presented. Mitigation efforts aim to halt the current water damage, interfering with moisture spread to additional materials. Examples are many and may include:
- Shutting off/down water sources at the primary or ancillary line valves
- Pumping and water extraction of standing liquids with truck-mounted or portable units
- Light wanding from dry areas of carpeting toward the damp to stop the migration of the fluids as well as weighted extraction to dry carpet in place
- Tear out of carpet padding or wet insulation to prevent water transfer to dry materials
How Does Water Remediation Differ from Mitigation?
The water damage restoration process is a continuum, with mitigation steps as initial strategies. Remediation moves past halting the water incursion and damage, switching to efforts that reverse, as much as possible, the harm. Remediation aligns with tasks such as determining drying goals and preparing efficient air mover, heater, and dehumidification configurations. These remediations accelerate evaporation from saturated porous materials, heading toward SERVPRO’s central goal of making it “Like it never even happened.” Other remediations encompass but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and disinfecting soiled surfaces
- Evaluating damp materials for potential mold growth and recommending next steps
- Deciding if some water-damaged materials are unrestorable
What About Water Damage Repairs?
Where materials cannot sustain additional function or be brought back to previous appearances, SERVPRO assists Cocoa residents in arranging for necessary repairs, refinishing, and even reconstruction. We work with your insurance carrier to document your claims, so your out-of-pocket expenses are limited.
SERVPRO of Central Brevard is ready to take on your water damage challenges, from assessment through mitigation, remediation, and repairs. Call (321) 336-5381 to explore your restoration options.