Merritt Island Property Owners Bank on SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration of Their Homes
SERVPRO advanced equipment like these LGR dehumidifiers in a SERVPRO van mitigate water damage in Merritt Island homes and businesses
SERVPRO Offers Reliable Water Damage Remediation Services to Merritt Island Homeowners
Merritt Island homeowners could end up paying a heavy price if they ignore indications of water damage to their property. Acting promptly and calling in professionals at first sight of the problem is the best thing you can do to prevent any long-term issue. Taking quick action can significantly reduce the time required for water damage repairs. SERVPRO has a team of technicians having years of experience in water cleanup due to various reasons such as:
- Leaking roofs
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Sewage cleanup
SERVPRO handles Merritt Island water cleanup in a very organized manner. Our team puts together a plan to restore the damage “Like it never even happened.”
What equipment SERVPRO experts use in Water Damage Remediation of Merritt Island Homes?
SERVPRO water restoration experts of Merritt Island use state-of-the-art equipment to scope the area of your property into which water has intruded. Some of the devices that allow the SERVPRO experts to track moisture levels in your Merritt Island home include:
- Moisture Sensors
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Moisture Meters
Apart from these devices, we also use extraction pumps, dehumidifiers, and professional air circulation units during our water removal services.
Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 for fast and efficient service.
SERVPRO provides 24/7 Emergency Service in Central Brevard. This happy customer is glad we do!
We love hearing from our customers!
From the office staff to the owner, this company was just simply the best!
Central Brevard residents from Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and your neighborhood count on the SERVPRO of Central Brevard team to respond quickly to water damage emergencies, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are thrilled when customers appreciate our team’s efforts, including our owners. Recently our commitment to providing great customer service inspired the testimonial below from Cindy F.
"Unbelievable kindness, customer service, and professionalism. This company easily gets a 5/5!
It’s rare when you find a company that cares as much about their clients as they do their bottom line. My dad (almost 92) had a sink that overflowed causing water to flood the carpet. He tried to do what he could with a wet-dry vac, but the damage was bigger than what he could handle on his own. I just can’t say enough about the owner of this company. He came out the same day (when I’m sure he had better things to do) to put in fans, pull up the carpet, dry out the carpet pads and give my Dad (and me) peace of mind. He sent me pictures and kept me informed the whole time. He went back a few days later to put the carpet back down and to take the extra time to put everything back in its original place. This company is not only honest but ethical, professional and fair --they put the customer first. Hopefully we will never have to call again for help, but if we do; I know the first number I will dial. We were completely pleased and would highly recommend them. From the office staff to the owner, this company was just simply the best! Thank you, Cindy F."
If you face the challenge of a water damage emergency in Central Brevard, reach out to our highly trained team for fast professional help 24/7 at 321-638-4947.
Merritt Island Residents Turn to SERVPRO for Flood Damage Restoration of Their Properties After a Storm
The Green Fleet means relief for Merritt Island homeowers and storm damage mitigation for their properties
How Can SERVPRO Assist Merritt Island Residents in Water Damage Restoration of Their Homes after a flood?
Located on the eastern Floridian coast, Merritt Island is one of the unique cities of Florida. First, it is not an ‘Island’ in the geographical sense, but a Peninsula! The city has a heavily residential area on one hand and a Wildlife Refuge on the other. The northern part of the island is still quite underdeveloped, with few places remaining as cattle pastures.
Merritt Island is perhaps best known as being the home to John F. Kennedy Space Center. Although space shuttles are no longer being launched from here, it still pulls in many visitors every year. The island also has one of the country's largest National Wildlife Refuge with an area of 140,000 acres. The Refuge has over 350 species of birds alone and some endangered species of animals such as Sea turtles and Indigo Snakes.
There is a lot on offer for visitors to do and see on Merritt Island. Some of the most visited sites in the area include:
- John F. Kennedy Space Center: A visit to the Center is nothing short of awe-inspiring. There is a lot to see here. From the US Astronaut Hall of Fame to the Rocket Garden, every exhibit is mesmerizing. The Center also offers a bus tour to visit the launch facilities of some of the country's first space flights.
- Black Point Wildlife Drive: A 7-mile self-guided drive is one of the best places to see the National Wildlife Refuge wildlife. The trail has 12 stop points on the way where you can spot some of the rarest birds in the world. Apart from birds, you can see alligators, otters, bobcats, and other animals too. The drive takes about 40 minutes.
- Klondike Beach: It's one of the most pristine beaches in Florida. There are no roads, and it is accessible only by bike or on foot.
Do Merritt Island Homes Always Require Professional Water Cleanup Services After a Storm?
A storm can wreak havoc on your Merritt Island home. The one thing that you don’t want to do after a storm is to neglect the damage or try and start the restoration process yourself. Rely on professional water removal services for a proper assessment and mitigation. Water cleanup and storm damage mitigation services are our expertise at SERVPRO of Merritt Island.
Our professionals work tirelessly to ensure that the water damage does not progress into any significant issues. We achieve this goal by focusing on the following as soon as our experts arrive at your Merritt Island property.
SERVPRO follows a protocol to maximize efforts
- Extracting water due to leaking roof from storms
- Using state-of-the-art equipment such as hygrometers and thermal cameras to monitor moisture content during the water cleanup process
- Isolating the damaged areas to prevent any collateral damage
- We also offer move-out services to protect your belongings and speed up the restoration process
Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 for reliable water cleanup and restoration service for your Merritt Island home.
Can Containment Help Cocoa Businesses Experiencing Mold Damage?
Mold in your Commercial business? No worries, SERVPRO of Central Brevard has you covered.
We can dry and clean Cocoa businesses quickly after discovering mold threats.
Establishing physical barriers between the work zones where mold remediation occurs and other active areas of your business can keep work happening despite mold removal. Even limited capacities or actions can prevent total revenue loss as mold remediation gets underway.
How Can Mold Get Removed Once Containment Exists in Cocoa Shops?
Mold inspection can help to determine the appropriate mold remediation action required in Cocoa shops. Prompt removal and cleaning strategies can protect the wares and stock of the shop before irreparable damages occur. Depending on the severity of exposure to hosting material, varying surface treatment and remediating techniques are necessary. Some of the most common ways include:
- Soda blasting
- Abrasive surface cleaning
- Antimicrobial cleaning
- Controlled demolition
Because mold damage can spread quickly through homes and businesses, property management should seek the experienced remediation team we provide as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO of Central Brevard technicians are available 24/7 at (321) 638-4947.
Is Flood Damage Likely for Cape Canaveral Homes?
Storm damage gets overwhelming, call SERVPRO of Central Brevard for assistance.
Our flood restoration team can help clean up Cape Canaveral properties after a disaster.
Flood damage can be an unfortunate reality for many homes during the rainy seasons along coastal Florida. With many Brevard County regions being lower-lying and saturated, flooding can be an inevitability after steady, heavy rainfall. Initial water removal services can help reduce the severity of flood damage, which includes the use of:
What Preliminary Cleaning Benefits Cape Canaveral Homes?
Muck-out cleaning removes debris, mud, silt, and other organic matter in your Cape Canaveral home. This debris and matter can be a hazard to those exposed and hide underlying structural concerns that must get repaired. Our responding technicians can shovel out muck and mud to evaluate the underlying building materials for further repairs and reconstruction as necessary.
Flood damage can leave contaminants and pathogenic threats to overcome with standing water and moisture concerns. Our SERVPRO of Central Brevard team is experienced in managing these conditions and preventing more significant loss. Call us today at (321) 638-4947.
Can SERVPRO Protect Historic Cocoa Buildings After Smoke Damage?
SERVPRO of Central Brevard is here and ready for all your commercial building needs after a fire damage.
Smoke remediation for Cocoa properties can involve multiple advanced cleaning techniques.
As leading fire restoration professionals in the Cocoa area, SERVPRO has a duty to area businesses to respond quickly. Because so many shops and stores exist in our historic downtown shopping area, a single fire incident can impact multiple businesses simultaneously. Our team of certified technicians can respond fast to these emergencies to help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damage restoration
Why Cocoa is So Widely Visited Every Year
The city is a tourist community featuring more than 1400 registered businesses, so when fire restoration is required in Cocoa, it can impact hundreds of people. Between the beach, entertainment venues, and annual festivals, the city draws in thousands annually as a premier destination for shopping and proximity to area attractions in the Greater Orlando area and what is accessible from I-95 like Cape Canaveral.
The Historic Draws of Brevard County
While the landscape has changed dramatically over the centuries, some structures remain a testament to the architectural prowess and skilled craftsmanship of building trade professionals. These historic properties are often as much of a draw to Cocoa as the beaches, resorts, and entertainment. Some of the most popular sites visited include:
- Aladdin Theater – this structure is also known as the Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse, and it has stood in this spot since it first opened its doors on Brevard Avenue in 1924. Initially, the theater showcased live acts and silent films but would come to be a premier location for musicals – drawing in more than 50,000 paying attendees annually through recent years.
- Cocoa Village – The village's historic downtown district houses multiple protected buildings, restaurants, and shops along Florida Avenue and Stone Street.
- Porcher House – This home exists on Delannoy Avenue and has been a standing example of 20th-century classical revival architecture since 1916. Now it is a venue rented for special occasions and houses City Hall.
Fire Restoration and Smoke Remediation for Cocoa Businesses
Fire restoration encompasses multiple tasks and strategies to restore businesses to their original condition. This can be especially critical for some historic properties like the Aladdin Theater and the Porcher House. However, we put the same care and consideration into getting all commercial structures up and running after fire and smoke damage.
Smoke remediation provided by our SERVPRO team involves soot cleaning, air filtration, odor removal, and other critical services. These cleaning efforts can continue with containment strategies and allow your business to operate in a limited capacity when possible. Our experienced professionals can help with:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
As alarming as fire damages can be in historic structures and businesses in the area, our SERVPRO ofCentral Brevard team can help with efficient fire restoration strategies. Call us today at (321) 638-4947.
What Happens After Storm Flooding in Cape Canaveral?
SERVPRO has it all-Big and Small Dehumidifiers to Mitigate Flooding Damage in Cape Canaveral
Restore Flood Damage to Area Homes with SERVPRO
Storm flooding is common in local neighborhoods. Reducing and eliminating the effects requires a rapid response.
SERVPRO specialists restore Cape Canaveral homes after flood damage with the latest equipment and training. Our goal is to quickly return each residence to its pre-flood condition.
What Steps Do SERVPRO Teams Take for Restoration?
- Extract Water and Remove Bulk Material – Technicians use commercial grade extractors to remove water as specialists dispose of everything too damaged for restoration.
- Provide Humidity Control – Teams set up dehumidifiers to lower the air moisture content for a comfortable environment and to increase the natural evaporation rate and fans to increase air circulation.
- Demolish Unsalvageable Materials – As they remove water, teams discover more property that cannot be restored. They carefully dispose of the soaked items to support humidity control.
- Clean Salvageable Materials – After removing the water, technicians use air movers and set up fans to dry items and then use antifungal cleaners to remove any soil or other contaminants left by the floodwater.
After a storm, call SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 for quick and thorough flood damage removal.
How Long Is Water Restoration in a Cocoa Business?
The SERVPRO Green Fleet is at the ready for water damage cleanup in Cocoa area businesses
Many Businesses Can Reopen Quickly After Water Damage
Timely reopening to customers means bringing in a professional restoration team. At SERVPRO, our teams are ready to provide each business owner a clean, dry facility, safe for customers and employees.
For Cocoa commercial facilities, water damage restoration requires three steps:
- Remove Standing Water
- Dispose of Debris
- Dry Structural Property and Inventory
What Happens When a Team Arrives?
Specialists start removing water with large pumps if there is significant pooling. Once they reduce it to a thin layer, they switch to smaller extractors and use long-handled squeegees to push water outside the facility. As they remove the water, other team members carefully remove debris that cannot be fully restored.
After removal operations, specialists draw out moisture trapped in the structure and inventory items that prevent it from being used in production or sold to customers. They first set up fans to increase air circulation and then establish air movers to force warm air over the damp property, pushing moisture out into the air so the fans direct it out of the facility and also towards the dehumidifiers.
Contact SERVPRO of Central Brevard at (321) 638-4947 to restore your business after water damage.
Can Mold Grow Through an Entire Cocoa Home?
SERVPRO has plenty of equipment stocked in our vehicles and trailers for mold remediation in Cocoa homes or large buildings.
To Restore Your Home to a Safe Condition after Mold Damage, Call SERVPRO
Cocoa was originally a fishing town, with the first families settling in about 1860. The first maps of Cocoa were created in 1882 with the name “Indian River City”. The land detailed was owned by Captain R.A. Hardee. The name, however, was rejected by the local U.S. Postal Office as too long for a postmark.
Two Interesting Origin Stories
There is some disagreement on how Cocoa got its name. Two of the more popular tales involve the local agriculture and an early business on the river banks.
• The first tale states that a town meeting was convened in 1884 to name the community. Suggestions were taken from either geographical features or local products. Captain R.C. May suggested cocoa since it fit the requirements and was short enough for the Post Office. It was approved and sent to Washington D.C. for formal adoption.
• Another tale is that sailors on the Indian River when boating past the home of an old woman would shout “Cocoa! Cocoa!” Eventually, she brought them hot cocoa. Interestingly, while the hot cocoa tale is more doubtful, there is no evidence to be found of the 1884 town meeting.
Setbacks and Leaps Forward
Cocoa was eventually incorporated in 1895 while trying to recover from an economic disaster. In the Winter of 1894-95, the ‘Great Freeze’ destroyed the citrus crop for 1895, forcing many people to find new employment elsewhere. The city was still recovering from the 1890 fire that destroyed the business district.
Fortunately, the railroad was coming to Cocoa. The extension of the Jacksonville, St. Augustine, and Indian River Railway helped jump-start what was a crashing economy. By the end of 1895, Cocoa was a growing town once again. Growth and development continued through the first decade of the 20th century and the population nearly doubled according to the 1911-1912 Florida State Business Directory.
Cocoa’s population doubled again by 1925 to 1800. Despite the failure of its two banks in the Great Depression, the town continued to grow, with one local source in 1930 showing an increase to 2,200. In the Post-WWII years and the start of the Space Race, Cocoa continued to grow and today has a population of over 18,000.
How Does SERVPRO Restore My Home After Mold Appears?
Our Restoration Teams follow five key principles to return Cocoa residences to a safe condition, ready for occupation once more.
• Health and Safety – Although mold may cause health effects in some people, our restoration teams concentrate on how the mold compromised building material.
• Document Conditions and Processes – Our teams keep extensive records so that owners and independent inspectors can see our actions taken.
• Control the Mold at Its Source – Technicians prevent mold from becoming airborne and spreading to clean areas of the home with erected containment chambers or barriers.
• Remove Mold – Specialists physically remove mold from contaminated materials by vacuuming mold spores through HEPA filters and damp wiping surfaces with special cleaners.
• Correct the Moisture Problem – Teams remove excess water and lower the air moisture content to prevent future mold growth.
Professional and thorough mold remediation is why SERVPRO of Central Brevard is your best choice to clear up an infestation. Call us today at (321) 638-494 to get started.
What Services Restore Commercial Buildings after a Fire?
Take a peek inside our warehouse. This is just some of the equipment that we have available to restore your commercial fie damage.
Merritt Island Business Owners Use SERVPRO for Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
A fire in your business premises can make the environment unsafe and unsanitary. Professional restoration services need a large workforce and advanced equipment to efficiently conduct commercial restoration and reduce temporary closures to business premises.
When performing commercial fire damage in Merritt Island, it is essential to prioritize and delegate actions to ensure that restoration is as efficient as possible. Fires can impact the stock, furniture, and the structural integrity of a building through physical damage. Soot and smoke residues create an unsanitary environment and must be removed to return the premises to its preloss condition. SERVPRO uses an organized workforce to ensure non-salvageable materials are removed and disposed, the structure is repaired and cleaned, and the restoration of items is conducted appropriately. Using a combination of determination, training, and restoration equipment, our technicians can get your business back to its preloss condition.
- DX units can control large commercial premises' indoor atmosphere, allowing technicians to dry, ventilate, and filter indoor air.
- Esporta washing machines can remove 99% of contaminants from textiles using suspended, mechanical cleaning.
- Production technicians can safely organize the removal and disposal of fire debris according to local and federal regulations.
Using professional restoration can keep temporary closure to a minimum. Call SERVPRO of Central Brevard for commercial fire damage restoration at (321) 638-4947.
We are IICRC Certified. Check out our BBB rating.