Cocoa Beach Condo Fire
A Few days ago, we responded to a fire Damage in Cocoa Beach. The fire started in the downstairs laundry closet, it appears that it is an electrical fire as the problem came from shorting wires in the dryer while it was not running.
Smoke engulfed the entire two story condo. It was kind of unusual as the soot only seemed to find a resting place on all the flat surfaces. The walls seemed pretty clear of it. In fact when we did some test cleaning we got almost nothing from the walls.
Now the flat surfaces were another story all together.
Prime example was the girls desk upstairs.
The desk appeared to be a very dark grey, with 3 painted areas where books or paper would be placed. but it turns out that that was where paper and books were. They are perfectly white and really looked like they were painted there but in fact it was just that the soot was so thick it created the out lines. It was like this all over the condo- I move a book on the carpet and underneath it the carpet was about 5 shades lighter. It is going to be a job to get this place clean.