Recent Posts

Not the kind of wet bar we want

8/15/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Central Brevard received a weekend call from  a local Brevard county Knights of Columbus for a large leak. And it was large almost 90 % of the building had water in it.  Thankfully there were large areas that did not have contents to move and there was lots of hard flooring and not much carpet-

The problem started from a water line leak behind the bar.  They had shut the water off from the building before our arrival and called in a plumber to repair the damaged water line.

Please see the photo below showing one of our IICRC trained techs extracting water from one of the main areas in this building.  It did take several hours but after about 3 days we had the entire building dried out!!!

Don't leave your water damage to chance and create a mold problem

8/15/2017 (Permalink)

Here at SERVPRO of Central Brevard we have seen many times what happens when someone leave their water damage to chance. They have some type of leak they use a wet dry vac to suck up water and towel it off.  And no more water problem right??

generally wrong!!! Water like to go places that we do not see, like in your walls and under your cabinets and tile.  If this water is not dried properly the result is usually a mold problem.

Please look at the photo below- This came from a home how had several water intrusions over a couple of years- This pic is from the laundry room and after the  machines and wall cabinets were removed the mold damage is clear.  There are numerous areas in this home just like this- and until a small amount of mold became visible no one ever noticed. However the owners did say that their allergies have been worse over the last several months.....

Helping Condos with emergency planning

8/4/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Central Brevard has always been active in our community.  With Hurricane Matthew still fresh on everyone's mind we have stepped up to be a valued resource to our condominium association. 

At the beginning of the summer the Space Coast Condominium Association (SCCA) held storm and emergency preparedness  meetings, one of which we sponsored, during these meeting we showed how SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) complements and enhances the plans they are making.  The individual condo presidents really love the portability of the information.  That way in the case of evacuation they don't have to worry about any paperwork its all right there on the phone. We are working with several condos right now getting prepared-

This is one of the things I enjoy- building lasting trust with our friends and neighbors by lending a hand and providing a service (which is free by the way)that will not only give piece of mind but allow us to take care of them if the time comes when they really need help!!

ERP's Lead the way to great relatioships

8/4/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) has been a useful tool in the creation of great relationships.

We have been using them in the local hotels and during the summer months they are almost always up to capacity,   With that many people you can almost guarantee that some sort of damage is going to occur.

With the use of the ERP not only have we gained the confidence of the hotel managers but we have great relationship with the maintenance staff which make taking care of their emergency so much easier.  We don't have to ask for instructions for ever little detail we already know them.  Anytime you can get something like a water damage done quickly and a business back up running all the better- especially  at a hotel who will tell you that the "most expensive room is an empty room"

Major whole house water damage in Cocoa Florida

7/14/2017 (Permalink)

Water Damage Major whole house water damage in Cocoa Florida the living room under where one part of the ceiling caved in- you can see all the white marks on the tile- that is the remains of the ceiling

Over the weekend- there were major thunder storms in the central Florida area including here in Cocoa.  SERVPRO of Central Breavard responded to a home who had major water intrustion which came from the incomplete roof which was being replaced-

Only after the rain had stopped and the roofers had tarped were we able to being getting the home dried out.  All but one room was affected and plus the electricity had been turned off, so we had to bring in a generator in order for us to run the drying equipment.

We had to box many contents and move some to the dry room while other items were stored in pod.

Unfortunately due to the amount of damage the family will have to be relocated until the water mitigation process can be completed and rebuilding finished.

Cocoa Beach Condo Fire

5/17/2017 (Permalink)

A Few days ago, we responded to a fire Damage in Cocoa Beach.  The fire started in the downstairs laundry closet, it appears that it is an electrical fire as the problem came from shorting wires in the dryer while it was not running.

Smoke engulfed the entire two story condo.  It was kind of unusual as the soot only seemed to find a resting place on all the flat surfaces.  The walls seemed pretty clear of it.  In fact when we did some test cleaning we got almost nothing from the walls.

Now the flat surfaces were another story all together.

Prime example was the girls desk upstairs. 

The desk appeared to be a very dark grey, with 3 painted areas where books or paper would be placed.  but it turns out that that was where paper and books were.  They are perfectly white and really looked like they were painted there but in fact it was just that the soot was so thick it created the out lines. It was like this all over the condo- I move a book on the carpet and underneath it the carpet was about 5 shades lighter.  It is going to be a job to get this place clean.

 

Fire Damage in Rockledge, Florida

4/24/2017 (Permalink)

We responded  to a report of a house fire in Rockledge Florida.

When we arrived on site the fire department was finishing up and speaking to the homeowner.

From the outside of the it did not look very bad, however, once we were able to look inside the damage was clear.

The fire started from a back bedroom  and when the door was opened the smoke was pushed through the house and because the chimney flue was open, up the chimney causing the smoke and soot the be drawn all over the home

Now most of the major damage was contained to the back bedroom where the fire started because the bedroom door had been shut.

The inspector said that the cause of the fire was a short in a hair dryer that was left plugged in.

So please unplug your hair dryers!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Damage in Melbourne Florida

4/10/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO Of Central Brevard responded to a fire damage located in Melbourne, Florida. at the request of State Farm.


First things first- there were no injuries with this fire!!!!!!!


Upon arriving at the site our techs had to tarp the roof as lightning had struck the home and started the fire- leaving a large hole in the roof-


We then had to get the excess water out of the home which was a mixture of rain water and fire suppression  water.-


This looks to be a pretty large job as almost all contents will have to be removed-


The ceiling and walls and part of the house will have to be pulled out down to the bare studs- as well as the insulation in the ceiling.


With hard work and some time we will get this family back into their home-


 

water damage comes from fire in Melbourne Florida

4/10/2017 (Permalink)

Water Damage water damage comes from fire in Melbourne Florida This photo show the dripping water on the kitchen cabinets, that came from the fire fighting efforts.

Some people may not realize that sometimes major water damages come to occur because of a fire and although secondary may be as severe or even more extensive damage.


Take for instance a fire damage in Melbourne, Florida that we are working hard to make "Like it never even happened." The fire did damage to the roof and the insulation, and the soot was all over the house.


However it was the water from the fire suppression, that also caused damage.  Now it goes with out saying that the fire needs to be extinguished and water is the best way. Unfortunately what is left behind may be just as bad or worse as a pipe bursting.  So the same steps must be used to clean up the water.  Extraction, air moving, dehumidification, as well as opening up wall cavities to dry the water you don't see.   


This is important so that secondary mold damage does not rear its ugly head in the future!!!

SCCA Trade Show Cocoa Beach

3/27/2017 (Permalink)

Commercial SCCA Trade Show Cocoa Beach Our new set up for trade shows

The Space Coast Condo Association (SCCA) held it’s annual trade show on Saturday

March 18th 2017 at the Hilton Ocean Side in Cocoa Beach. 

Over 500 people attended the even, in which they could gather information on

Different vendors and the services that they provide.  SERVPRO of Central Brevard was one of

Over one hundred vendors to set up at the event.

We were able to speak to many, many people and explain to then why service times matter and how

Our centralized location and highly trained staff simply makes SERVPRO of Central Brevard the best choice during an emergency situation.

We also got to display our new stand up banner- Please see the photo.

 A great time was had by all I can’t wait until next years even!!